Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hello internet people, and welcome to my first blog post.

I got an interesting call today while I was driving to my doctor for my anual physical.  Normally I would wait until as late as possible (December 20th in most cases) however I injured a few of my fingers last month at a party with some friends, so I had to push the appointment up.  Just as I was about to turn onto the freeway onramp I hear "funny the way it is... if you think about it..." and check my cell to see if it's important.  Normally I wouldn't answer my phone when driving (mainly because I don't drive very often, since I live in the city I can take my bike just about everywhere) but I didn't recognize the number.

As it turns out, my co-worker had met someone who works for an IT staffing firm and recommended me!  Suddenly this guy (whom I had never met before) wanted to consider me for a position as a full-time IT manager in a Milwaukee based company!

Now, Milwaukee and I have a strange love-hate relationship, and all I could tell him was "can you please send me some more information?" but I knew that even if he offered me the position, I still would rather go to the Peace Corps.  Three days ago I received the first packet of additional forms to supplement my application (fingerprint records, some documents that need physical signatures, that kind of thing) and it was like my birthday came early.

No comments:

Post a Comment